Comfort Food Fix With Heirloom Beans (With Smoked Sea Salt)

-


I don't know about you guys, but I grew up in the country, and beans, - especially pinto beans - were a staple.  All this girl needed was pinto beans, mashed potatoes, sliced tomatoes, and a green onion from the garden and DONE!  STILL, beans like these heirloom beans, and pinto beans are one of my favorite foods.  They just bring those sweet, family time, fresh from the garden, home town feels.  

MY FAVORITE BRAND



Hurst's brand with the smoked sea salt is one of my favorite brands to buy in the store.  I find these at my local Publix.  The smoked sea salt is such a nice touch!  I cook my beans in organic vegetable broth, (a little drizzle of a nice olive oil wouldn't hurt either), and just add the salt to taste when they are done cooking.  Whatever salt is left over, just enjoy on something else.  Nothing else is needed!


WHY I EAT THEM?


Beans are an excellent source of vegetable protein, dietary fiber, and complex carbohydrates. The heirloom beans up the ante a bit when it comes to nutritional makeup and flavor! They are a little harder to find, and once you do, you might pay a little bit more. I enjoy adding them into the mix every now and then. Let me know if you try them!

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.